POST PRANDIAL PLEASURES
- Identify the key aromas in the whisky and plan the core flavour in the Dessert
- Match the length and the finish of the whisky
- Consider creating ‘mouthfuls’ that combine two different types of sweetness e.g a semi soft cheese served on a teaspoon with a drizzle of chestnut honey.
- There are endless desserts that work well with whisky. Fruits such as mango, melon, pineapple and citrus fruits work beautifully with vanilla, honey and gentle nutty flavours.
- Keep in mind the spiciness of the whisky on the tongue.
- Be inspired to introduce creamy vanilla in the form of ice cream or pannacotta to balance the spiciness.
- Introducing bitter citrus flavours will act to enhance the ripe orange flavours in any whisky and the pairing of these flavours with dried fruits will also work well.
- Some Islay whiskies are well matched with soft cheese, bitter chocolates and crème brulee
- A hint of mint will help to lift the flavours.
To avail this experience please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org